Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it don’t matter. (Satchel Paige)
I have been wanting to list down the things I would like to do and experience when I turn 26 this year. Millenials call this the “bucket list“. Dictionary.com defines bucket list like this:
As for me, I would like this special bucket list to be a rundown of things I want to do and experiences I want to feel during my entire year as a 26-year old woman. Yikes, there were some feels when I called myself a woman! I am not dying yet and I pray to God for more healthy years in my life. But there are few reasons that drove me into making this list and I want to share them with you:
- This marks the words of my parents when they told me before that I could marry at 26. I am not ready yet, I know. But I want to make this “legal age” special for me.
- I want to stay cool and sane in my stay at lawschool this year.
- I want to have some things to look forward to and remember fondly at the end of the year.
- I see this list will somehow help me also deal with my depression and anxiety episodes.
So, I would not be delaying this anymore! I am very proud of myself to list down these 26 items:
- Pass my first and second semester in lawschool
- Finish reading the Bible
- Disciple more young women and see them grow in the Lord
- See Mt. Mayon
- Invest in stocks
- Climb a real mountain
- Go on a real date
- Witness and attend a Christian wedding
- Go cliffdiving
- Learn to play a complete song in keyboards
- See a waterfall and feel its rush
- Go parasailing with someone I love to be with
- Walk down Calle Crisologo
- Receive a handwritten letter via snail mail
- Write a handwritten letter and send it out via snail mail
- Get published
- Learn to use chopsticks
- Create my own gallery of 50 chasing the sun photos
- Donate blood
- Write a letter to my depressed self
- Get my own camera
- Write a love letter
- Learn how to drive
- Go on a spontaneous road trip
- Meet my soulmate
- Fall in love and stay in love
I want to be able to look back and say, “Hey, I had fun! This year has been so meaningful and I cannot wait for my next birthday!” I will update this blog from time to time and link my stories about the things I already ticked off from the list.
By the way, I am turning 26 this June 2017. So if you happen to read this blog entry, I want you to know how I envy people who are so happy in life. I want to and I know I have the power to be happy because God loves me. I tell you it is not easy to deal with depression and anxiety. So, I will ask you three things before I finally close:
- Greet me a happy birthday! Whatever day it is on June. Haha! Your kind words mean a lot.
- Embrace someone you know who deals with all forms of mental issues. It counts a lot.
- Enjoy life. Love God. Love people. Love all out. Love exceedingly.
I am excited to turn 26! Cheers!
Image source: https://www.google.com.ph/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2F07%2F6361145630830412371114913824_bucketlist.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.theodysseyonline.com%2Fbucket-list-before-2017&docid=tvbmHMXCu_Qv3M&tbnid=trZcQrE_Y_k5MM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj1hMaw3InUAhUHI5QKHQNrDxYQMwg3KAMwAw..i&w=1920&h=1080&bih=566&biw=360&q=bucket%20list&ved=0ahUKEwj1hMaw3InUAhUHI5QKHQNrDxYQMwg3KAMwAw&iact=mrc&uact=8